After devouring a chicken egg, here is looking at you!
This is NOT what I expected to find as I checked for eggs…
I do not think it is a black snake. Please tell me what type snake this is. Thanks! Nonetheless–share and share alike–one for him and one for me. Pictures were taken with my iPhone…
Cranky is the prompt. it is an adjective meaning ill-tempered; irritable usually relating to living things.
Initially, I took a different approach since I do not have people or animals to photograph and would not likely want to present a person in that manner. My pictures for this challenge evolved…
Back to the word. It is and adjective and not a noun. What do I have to fit the meaning of the word? Well, what about Goldie? She was a bit irritable it seemed, particularly in her final days. A picture of her may be good for this prompt.
I took theses 5 days before she died. I am partial to the one on the left.
May she rest in peace.
Stories about or relating to this chicken:
- Home ~ Cedar Towers ~ Goldie lays the 1st egg — October 20, 2011
- Home ~ Cedar Towers ~ HELP!!! [What is a guy to do?] — October 20, 2011
- Home ~ Cedar Towers ~ Goldie lays the 2nd egg — October 22, 2011
- Home ~ Cedar Towers ~ A love story [Goldie & Lucy (a roo)] — October 23, 2011
- Home ~ The Chicks of Cedar Towers: Gone, But Not Forgotten… — April 18, 2014
- Cedar Farms ~ The Peeps [Chickens–Featuring Goldie], 05/22— May 22, 2016
Now there are three–1 rooster and 2 hens [The Tough Trio]
Goldie shows her face–pretty face it is…
I really is all about the chickens!
Ten-hours later–debris removed from netting, ground raked, & fence straightened.
To my knowledge, there are no trees to fall on this repaired southwest corner of the chicken run. The west aviary was damaged during our January ice storm. I removed it to avoid the possibility of the same thing happening again. April 28th’s wind and rain brings a neighbor’s tree crashing in on the run. For me, both meant work and more work.
The chickens seem to like the raked ground. they tend to be right where I am working, waiting for a morsel to be exposed.