Actions completed over the last 24-hours:
- Installed Eggbeater Pedals.
- Installed the mounting brackets for the front running/emergency lights and the lights. [I have a pair basta Ellipsoid Halogen Lights.]
- Positioned the flag tube to the right side of the seat to allow for back packs.
- Wired dynamo lighting system and tested it. It works; although, for some reason the lights do not remain lit when the dynamo stops spinning [they are suppose to remain lit for up to 2 minutes]. I called Yellow Jersey, my online retailer, to determine what distance must be ridden to charge the capacitor. My sales rep, Andrew, said blocks. He will test and let me know. I’m waiting for his call.
Actions to complete next:
- Ride at least 30 miles per day this week to see what happens with these “bent muscles.”
- Have the deraillieurs reindexed. I have just a bit of front and rear shifting problems.
- Wire the Garmin speed sensor [I had to slip this task.]
- Resolve the kickstand location issue. I selected the Pletscher Kickstand because of its stability and its support should I need do tire or gear work on the road.
As I see it, I have 3 kickstand options:
I can live with the chain contact with the kickstand.
Have a mounting plate fabricated and welded to the TerraCycle Easy Reacher Cross-Member and mount the kickstand to it.
Use a standard kickstand that supports the bike from the left rear side.
OBSERVATION: My quads were called on a lot more than when riding my DF. I noted this as I did some check-riding in my neighborhood. I was to complete 30 miles on the XP today, but because of thunderstorms and other work requirements, I did not fit it in.