This time, protection of the eyes from the potentially blinding sun rays, it one looks at sun before or after totality. Of course, that is always the case.
I have basically covered my photographic kit. Today, it is eye protection. I could have ordered glasses or an eclipse board. I chose to make my own–another DIY–this one DIY [# 27] for 2017. I have finished construction and painting [see my comment]. This is what I came up with:
Olivia will decorate them. That should be interesting!
This worked for me. It took longer than 35 minutes, though…
From the publisher [The Kitchen Whisper] of the Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe I used for my St. Patrick’s Day Meal.
Now typically most people eat their corned beef either with a mustard or a horseradish. I decided to make a reduction sauce out it the juices. I mean HELLO.. that’s some good stuff left in the pan and I bet 95% of you would just pitch. WHY???
Seriously, MAKE THE SAUCE! You will never want corned beef again without it!
- Remove the meat from the crock pot and set aside. Place a tent foil on top.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the veggies and place in a bowl.
- Place a sieve over top a medium pot and strain the juices into the pot.
- Place the pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, add in the remaining 1Tbl – 1/4 cup of the remaining brown sugar, water, horseradish, salt, pepper, grainy mustard, Worcestershire, honey, and mix.
- Put the heat to a simmer to reduce the sauce by half and it starts to thicken.
The meal was very tasty and is even better today–Saturday.
It has been eaten–very tasty!
Thanks for your visits and your likes. I hope your meal for today was satisfying. Best! –jaa