Landscaping ~ Backyard, Cedar Gardens–The mums are in–night shot, 09/03

Today was a busy one…

Okay, this day is nearly finished and it is near midnight Eastern Daylight Time. September 3, 2017, began with tranquil rays of sun through the trees in the backyard.

Then, I pulled weeds, pruned the blueberry tree, transplanted the avocado. Her name is Mercedes and she is now in the ground on the west side. She will have good shade there.

After taking care of the avocado, I set out more liriope to fill the void after moving the root piece to the east side of the west walkway.

The last goal of the day was to plant Chrysanthemums. I did that after the was no more sunshine at the flagpole flower bed.

I also laid down metal edging to outline where I want the sidewalk to go. The question is when? I think sometime in 2018.

The last task was to capture the root piece and the mums at night, with the DSLR and here you have them…


Landscaping ~ Backyard, Cedar Gardens–The Chrysanthemums are in the ground, 09/03

Planted the mums & did a layout for the sidewalk

I accomplished a LOT today. Now that it is dark, I will soon take some DSLR pictures. I plan to publish them after midnight EDT.

Landscaping ~ Backyard–Cedar Gardens, 09/03

The liriope fills in where the Root Piece that I moved was.

The Root Piece.

I will plant the chrysanthemums after sunset.They go in my flagpole garden.

Avocado [Mercedes] ~ Progress Update [planted outdoors today], 09/03

I do not think she would have survived another stint indoors.

IMG_4471My last update was 9 months ago. She seemed to be fairing reasonably well. In spite of that, the plant dropped a lot of leaves and has only grown one new round of leaves.

I have had her outside since March or so. Nonetheless, I think this plant will grow better planted in the ground, providing I can manage the days when the temps are near freezing.

I feel I do not really have a choice–inside, she will not survive. After removing her from the pot, I see the roots were not happy. Oh well…

I used 3 bags of Black Kow Manure–one beneath, one on the sides, and one to finish the sides and cover the top. The hole is deeper than needed, OTOH the depth may better protect the roots from freezing. I hope in a month I can report the Mercedes is showing new life. Please, stay tuned…