From the publisher [The Kitchen Whisper] of the Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe I used for my St. Patrick’s Day Meal.
Now typically most people eat their corned beef either with a mustard or a horseradish. I decided to make a reduction sauce out it the juices. I mean HELLO.. that’s some good stuff left in the pan and I bet 95% of you would just pitch. WHY???
Seriously, MAKE THE SAUCE! You will never want corned beef again without it!
- Remove the meat from the crock pot and set aside. Place a tent foil on top.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the veggies and place in a bowl.
- Place a sieve over top a medium pot and strain the juices into the pot.
- Place the pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, add in the remaining 1Tbl – 1/4 cup of the remaining brown sugar, water, horseradish, salt, pepper, grainy mustard, Worcestershire, honey, and mix.
- Put the heat to a simmer to reduce the sauce by half and it starts to thicken.
The meal was very tasty and is even better today–Saturday.