If you have been following the MaxAmps.com Battery Thread on the AR.Drone Flyers Forum and my related articles in this blog, you see we have discussed aftermarket batteries and chargers.
I plan to get three 1300mAH LiPo Batteries and that this company is selling for the AR.Drone. After an online chat session with Jason, I have decided to purchase the Hyperion EOS0720iNET3 AC/DC Balance Charger.
Thanks Jason for your time and help. –jim
Chat session with Jason
[Click images for larger pictures]
||Well, what I mean is the camera mounted beneath the hull as opposed to on top as shown in this proof-positive video to the left. As I have the stand configured now, I’m between 115 & 120 grams—that’s down from 170 grams with setup #2.
There is no doubt the drone can lift and fly with the setup I have. The question now is: how to eliminate damage on landing and belly landing crashes? I want to use the spring-wire landing gear that Jörg give us in his way of gaining clearance and softening the landing video. I’ve asked him about achieving 3″ standoff for the hull and now await his reply. I hope it is just a matter of bending wire.
This is my preferred setup. the center of balance is more central to the quadcopter. The camera’s planned location, just behind the bottom panel will not interfere with the drone’s bottom camera or its ultrasonic sensors.I can have 360-degree rotation and 90-degree tilt. Of course, this is all theory until I test it. OTOH, top-mounting is still an option.
Yesterday, Symon, the AR.Drone Flyers administrator, announced the new Wiki. I think he may have been a bit excited. These are from the CHAT message board: [the chap was chatting with himself]
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:24 am » And we reached 200 members yesterday. Good times for all.
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:49 am » Something in the pipeline for this site.
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 am » Something that could be very very BIG
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 am » Something that I believe hasn’t been done yet!(I did look about)
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 am » No, it’s not that! lol but great idea
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:21 pm » ARE YOU ALL READY?!?!?!
- Symon « Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:22 pm » http://www.ardrone-flyers.com/wiki
Congratulations on the rapid growth in members. As I publish this, I see you are at 207 members. I also see lots of helpful information in the Wiki. Tonight, I learned of the Italian AR.Drone Blog & Forum. I did not know that. Thanks!
Anyway, presenting the NEW AR.Drone Flyers Wiki