As mentioned before, the platform I built to weigh my trike has dual functions, to weigh Silk and to better secure her in my van for transport. Here are the pictures:
- Made reservations at Best Western Turnpike West for the 2009 Catrike Rally.
- RSVP to the Catrike Board and to Mark [BigCat] & Regis [Hampton’s Edge].
- Mailed payment to Nanda for RANS Citi Crank Forward Frameset.
- Started packing for the Catrike Rally.
- Received Primal Jersey.
- Get van inspected [done 02/25].
After getting her weight checked today, I placed the multifunctional weighing platform in the van. In this mode, it is used to tie down the trike. I’m using bungee cords to secure the trike. I want to get a longer black one to secure the rear of the trike. The platform works in the van as I had planned. I’ll take a few pictures and post them tomorrow.
My more formal riding jersey, that is. This is GOOD! Ordered 02/18; shipped 02/19 & scheduled for delivery 02/24.
Having removed the panniers, rack, and rack bag, I weighed my Catrike 700 today. Those accessories off, Silk weighs in at 53 pounds. Again, that’s 33 pounds for the trike and 20 pounds for everything else, including water & tools. It is possible to ride lighter or heavier, relative to small items being removed or added. I do not think that would amount to 5lbs either way. Anyway, here are today’s photographs.